Friday, February 6, 2009

A little brush of perspective.....

There comes a time in everyone’s life when one must stick up for those around them. In one particular case, I had to stick up for one of my friends, against another of my friends. At first, I was not sure exactly what was going on. At one point we were all the very best of friends, then, suddenly two of us could not stand to look at each other. I couldn’t completely comprehend what was going on. None of us could. All I knew was that one of my best friends was crying herself to sleep at night. So, I snooped around. I found out what really went down. Karli had completely fallen for Darren, and Darren had led her on. He did not realize his mistake and continued to be a total jerk to her about it. This did not make me happy at all. I decided to confront him about the situation. I ended up telling him that if he was going to upset Karli and be a jerk to her then he did not need to be hanging around us. What he did was wrong and he never should have treated her that way. So yes, I stuck up for my friend because in this case it was the right thing to do. Yes, I lost Darren’s friendship, but in the end, what he did to Karli just put who he really was into a clearer perspective. I will always be there for my friends no matter what the consequences may be.

No comments: