Sunday, November 16, 2008

First things first!

My class is still reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey, and so it is time for yet another opinionated blog. In one of the sections Covey talks about putting first things first. I have learned from my own past experiences that if one does not learn to prioritize then procrastination becomes a huge downfall.

I will go ahead and admit my fault. I am a procrastinator. After reading this section however I learned that some things are more important than others.

For example: Ever heard of homework before play? This is an excellant motto to live by. I know that teenagers have a tendency to think the other way around, but what good does that do?

It is best to learn what is really important. Seriously, if you have to stay home and study instead of going to the movies your friends will understand. Who knows? Maybe they will start to follow your example.

No comments: