Monday, November 10, 2008

Learning to be Proactive!

My classmates and I are currently reading The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey. In the very first chapter the Covey writes about how being proactive is the way to go.

From experience, having three younger brothers has taught me that being proactive is not always so easy. Being proactive means you have to be willing to let the little mishaps slide and not ruin your day.

When Kyle, my younger brother, was little he loved to come into my room and rummage through all of my belongings. I had just received a brand new bottle of the sweetest purple nail polish in the world. As I was sitting on my bed doing my homework, like the good little girl I was, my brother, without my knowledge, slipped in and snatched up the polish. Long story short, it ended up all over the downstairs carpet and I was furious.

Looking back now, I realize that my brother was only a little child and I completely wigged out way more than needed. I was young then, and now I know that if I had just been more proactive the situation could have ended differently.

So now I shall end this blog with two simple words of wisdom....BE PROACTIVE!

It just makes life easier. :)

No comments: